WHAT IS A PUMPTRACK?
Bike playground PUMPTRACK is a specially designed obstacle course that features bumps, profiled turns and small jumps placed in such an order as to allow gathering momentum and maintaining it without pedaling. Gathering momentum is possible thanks to skillfully profiled obstacles (bumps), on which a user performs upwards and downwards moves (so called pumping) heading a preferred direction taking advantage of gravity and centrifugal forces.
Ridding PUMPTRACKS goes hand in hand with popular among youth sport disciplines which do not require monotonous trainings but simply delivers great fun. Riding a bike involves all muscles groups and is highly physically demanding. Bike playgrounds PUMPTRACK provide young children with an opportunity to get familiar with bikes on uneven terrain in safe environment but at the same time they pose challenges to well experienced bikers.
Due to a wide array of users the track is question attract, their skills and age, bike playground PUMPTRACK can be both versatile and tailored to a specific group of users.
WHY IS INVESTINGIN BIKE PLAYGROUNDS WORTH IT?
1. Simple and quick investment – simplified procedure for notifying of a building site
2. Customized and safe construction designed for riders of all age
3. Easy, enjoyable and active way of spending free time
4. Meeting spots for local community members building and strengthening proper social relations.
5. Interesting way of managing green, sport and recreation areas as well as public spaces.
6. Perfect way of bringing back to life neglected and abandoned city squares and parks.
BIKE PLAYGROUNDS CAN BE FOUND:
- on housing estates
- in city parks
- as complements to the existing sport facility areas, close to skate parks, multi-purpose playgrounds
A complex bike playground PUMPTRACK occupies an area of approximately no less than 500 m2. Such a site consists of a few turns and obstacles of various shape. Top positions on the users’ dream list and at the same time most popular in general prove to be sites covering the area of between 1000 and 2000 m2. The terrain intended for a playground-to-be should be either flat or slightly inclined and of various shape. It is possible to design a track with a course running between trees or other “obstacles” of a similar type with the implication of necessary safety measures.
PUMPTRACK BUILDING: TECHNOLOGY APPLIED